You are here
The objective is to examine and apply existing Baltic Sea coastal monitoring data and identify the data adequacy for establishing time series of long-term sea level variation and sediment balance per Baltic Sea coastal stretch.
The input data used include:
- Monthly mean sea level data in Baltic Sea coast in past 10-100 years from PSMSL (Permanent Service of Mean Sea Level - http://www.psmsl.org/data/)
- Land rise data Baltic Sea coast in past 10-100 years from DTU-Space
- Baltic Sea long-term ocean hindcast data (40years, from DMI ocean-ice model)
- Long-term wave hindcast with a resolution of 6 nautical miles (DMI and TUT)
- EMODnet-Geology and national coastal monitoring data from countries with substantial segments of sedimentary coasts was used as ground truth (collected by TUT).
|Tallinn University of Technology|
|Danish Meteorological Institute|
|Technical University of Denmark|