The processing of personal data concerns a list of email addresses and information of individuals collected through the EMODnet portals.
This processing is managed by the EMODnet secretariat in relation with the European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet) initiative financed by the European Union under Regulation (EU) No 508;2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund.
As this processing collects and further processes personal data the Data Protection Directive (951461EC) and the ePrivacy directive (2002/58JEC, as revised by 2009136..EC). is applicable. From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679) will also apply.
The EMODnet secretariat acts as Controller of the processing of personal data. The EMODnet portals manage the processing itself under the responsibility of its Coordinator and act as Processor. If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, you can send an e-mail to: secretariat(at)emodnet.eu.
2. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
We collect personal data:
- for personalisation of access to the system (registration) and provision of information: e-mail address. password, chosen fields of interest:
- for information and assistance: the e-mails stored in the functional mailboxes where the questions are sent can contain apart from the e-mail address the forename. surname office address, phone. fax, organisation or institution to which the requester belongs;
- if you participate in on-line surveys;
Personal data are collected and processed in order to communicate with the data subjects about the EMODnet activities.
Your data are collected to enable:
- the personalization of your access to the system;
- to enable the EMODnet secretariat to answer your enquiries and give you information concerning new developments and the use of the system;
- to enable sharing of knowledge concerning the usage of the system
- to analyse errors to improve the operation of the system.
We will also use the data to prepare anonymous statistics about the usage of the site.