The "EMODnet in a nutshell" infographic provides a general overview of the European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet).
- the EMODnet mission
- the five EMODnet strands currently consisting of :
- the seven thematic portals providing access to marine data collected, stored and managed by Member States and regional aggregators, and creating data products;
- six Sea-basin Checkpoints assessing the availability and fitness for purpose of marine data in different regions;
- the EMODnet Central Portal giving access to data provided by all the thematic portals and allowing the retrieval of data layers from multiple portals;
- the Ingestion Portal facilitating submission of new datasets;
- and the EMODnet Secretariat who (i) ensures coherence between the different strands; (ii) monitors EMODnet; (iii) disseminates results, and (iv) analyses user feedback and statistics.
- the EMODnet timeline
- the EMODnet benefits